Developed over the past 130-plus years, our extensive knowledge of all aspects of hard rock mining forms the basis for our knowledge of oil and gas law. Parsons Behle & Latimer's in-depth experience examining title to federal, state and private lands allows us to assist clients with:
- All aspects of oil and gas title examination
- Preparation of acquisition
- Order and financing title opinions
- Status reports on federal and state lands
- Pipelines and LNG facilities
- Local distribution and natural gas pipelines
- Royalty disputes and litigation
- Environmental compliance and litigation
Virtually every practice team in the firm provides ancillary services to our natural resource clients. Through multidisciplinary collaboration, Parsons' energy team offers clients resources to assist with:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint operations
- Preparation of lease and option agreements related to oil and gas interests on federal, state and private lands
- Environmental permitting and compliance
- Acquisition of ancillary rights to support oil and gas operations, including:
- Access rights and water rights related to oil and gas development
- Electrical power supply and infrastructure
- Environmental liability, clean-up and reclamation issues
- Employment law matters
- Corporate tax
- Finance law
- Real estate and land use matters
- Energy and communications law
Key ContactsView the full team
Natural Gas Replacement Project
Representing Dominion Energy in multi-year, high-pressure natural gas pipeline replacement including eminent domain acquisition, workspace and staging areas, permitting and property rights.
Gas Company Assets
– Represented oil and gas company in the sale of assets.
– Represented private equity fund in the financing of an oil and gas service company.
– Represented Puma Energy in the acquisition of oil and gas terminal, deep water dock, and 175 gas stations in Puerto Rico as part of an $82 million purchase from bankruptcy debtors.
– Represented Puma Energy in the acquisition of oil and gas terminal, deep water dock, and 175 gas stations in Puerto Rico as part of an $82 million purchase from bankruptcy debtors, starting with preparing for and winning a bankruptcy auction and culminating with a closing approximately six months later after resolution of various closing conditions.
– Represented Senior lender in company sale of $60 Million oil and gas wells with a value of over $60 million.