Jacob (“Jake”) Muklewicz leads the U.S. immigration and visa practice of Parson Behle & Latimer's employment and labor practice team. Jake analyzes companies’ short- and long-term immigration objectives to devise and implement effective strategies for obtaining the appropriate temporary (nonimmigrant) and permanent (immigrant) visa for executives, professionals and investors.
Mr. Muklewicz counsels and advises large multinational corporations, local businesses, individual investors and professionals in areas involving employment-based immigration law. Specifically, Mr. Muklewicz provides the following legal services to business clients:
- Advises companies and foreign nationals in connection E, H-1B, H-2B, H-3, L-1, TN, O, P, and R non-immigrant visa petitions.
- Assists foreign nationals seeking permanent residence (green cards).
- Consults with clients regarding the labor certification (PERM) process.
- Advises multinational managers, foreign nationals with extraordinary ability, and outstanding professors and researchers in connection with I-140 immigrant petitions.
- Counsels and advises immigrant investors with EB-5 cases.
- Represents foreign medical graduates with J-1 status seeking waivers of the two-year home residence requirement through state Conrad 30 programs as well as the Delta Regional Authority and Appalachian Regional Commission.
- Counsels foreign medical graduates seeking permanent residence through the National Interest Waiver process.
- Works with employers to develop, maintain and improve employment verification procedures in compliance with I-9 and E-Verify requirements and conducts internal I-9 audits to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Provides training to managers and human resources staff regarding proper I-9 completion, re-verification and compliance with E-Verify requirements.
The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D. and Certificate in International Trade and Development, 2001)
- 1999 Pulaski Scholarship Award in Law – Board of Cuyahoga County Commissioners
- Foreign Language Area Studies Fellow – Russian (1999 – 2000)
Brigham Young University, (B.A., International Relations, minor in Russian, 1998)
Mountain States Super Lawyers Rising Star: Immigration (2013)
Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star: Immigration (2012)
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Past president and past member of Board of Directors, Razem Utah, charitable, cultural, and fraternal organization for Utah’s Polish community (May 2016 - September 2020)
New Policy Notice Issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services,
Professional Work Visa Options,
Immigration Policies/Issues During COVID-19 Pandemic and Immigration Issues in Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions,
Cap-Subject H-1B Visa Petitions in Fiscal Year 2022,